Are you looking to switch up your salmon recipe? Here is a great alternative to try out!
There are affiliate links within this post that I could receive a small commission on if you purchase through these links.
Switch these Cedar Grilling Planks out for tin foil on the grill to give your food a deliciously smoky taste! Reuse with caution due to the spread of foodborne illnesses. They recommend you do not use it more than once but I have used mine up to 3 times within a week, make sure to thoroughly wipe them down after each use. As you can see by the photo, they may burn a bit in your grill. After they are charred, you can toss them right in your compost! For a quicker break down within your compost bin, break them into smaller pieces. These are a great, low waste switch to not have to use tin foil every time you make something on the grill!
Here is the recipe for my new favorite way to get some Omega-3s and my how-to guide to the cedar blocks!
Buy Cedar Planks Here!
Cedar Plank Lemon and Garlic Salmon
- 25oz Fillet of Salmon
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp Rosemary
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Garlic powder or 1 clove minced
- Lemon slices
- Soak plank in salted water for about 2 hours prior to use
- Remove skin from the salmon fillet, rinse in cold water and pat dry
- Lay fillet on plank and cover in olive oil
- Add rosemary, thyme, Italian seasoning, garlic and any other herbs or spice that you wish
- Slice a lemon and spread lemons on top, feel free to squeeze some juice on as well
- Place entire slab on grill at medium to high heat (375 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit) and cook for about 10-15 minutes or to the doneness of your liking
- Keep an eye out for the wood to catch fire, it doesn’t happen every time but it can happen. You can spray the board down on the grill if it continuously happens. However, the fire adds a good smoky flavor!
- Carefully take the plank off of the grill, we used a cookie sheet or a wooden cutting board to place it on, and enjoy your scrumptious salmon!
If you are interested in buying some of these planks for your favorite grill master (or yourself), you can check them out here!
I have also seen recipes with Dijon mustard and brown sugar that I am going to try next! It sounds delicious! If you try any new recipes and love it, share it with us on Instagram, @greenforesters! Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, suggestions, or tried out any of our recommendations! Or if you just want to chat, we like that too!
This is not a sponsored blog post.
Check out these other popular recipes:
- Creamy Garlic Avocado Pasta Sauce
- Turmeric Golden Milk Latte
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese – Quick, Easy and Healthy