Growing up in Wisconsin, I eat A LOT of cheese. When we say we like cheese, it is an absolute understatement. One thing I hear a lot about going vegan in Wisconsin is “I could never give up cheese”. This recipe will give you the cheesy feel, protein, and lots of health benefits.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Will make about a cup of “cheese”. Takes 2 minutes to make.
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Optional: 1 tsp of chia seeds, hemp seeds, turmeric, or maca for added health benefits
- Put all ingredients in a food processor, blender, or Magic Bullet
- Blend until the consistency is like parmesan- about 10 seconds
I have put this recipe on pizza, pasta, wraps, roasted veggies, and so much more. It is healthy, delicious, and customizable. Comment below the recipes you try it on!
Check out these delicious Meatless Munchy Monday recipes:
- Gluten Free, Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Cinnamon and Spice Granola