I have made golden milk lattes for so long but I have to say, I have finally mastered my recipe and I couldn’t be more excited to share it. For a non-coffee drinker like myself, this latte satisfies my sweet, hot beverage without drinking tea all winter long. Plus, the benefits of turmeric alone are a reason to drink golden milk. Win-win-win.
This golden milk latte is frothy, sweet, and absolutely delicious. My recipe is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and full of vitamins and nutrients for natural health.
Here is my perfected Golden Milk Latte recipe:
Turmeric Golden Milk Latte
Makes 1 latte
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup of extra hot water
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of chia seeds (or hemp or flax)
- Splash of 100% pure maple syrup or honey
- Optional: For added froth and creaminess- 1 tsp of pea protein powder
- Add all ingredients to blender- I use the Magic Bullet, I’ve had it for years, it’s so versatile and it still works like a charm.
- Blend for about a minute or until frothy.
- Sample and see if you need to add more of anything. Every mix seems to be a little different. I don’t measure things out exactly but this is my starting point. Add ingredients if necessary- normally more cinnamon or turmeric.
- Pour contents in mug and stir.
- Top with ground cinnamon and enjoy your delectable latte full of incredible health benefits
Some health benefits of golden milk and turmeric are:
- Natural Anti-inflammatory
- Full of antioxidants that are said to prevent Alzheimer’s
- Speeds up the healing process
- Aids in fat metabolism and weight management
- Improves digestion
- Reduces the side effects of chemotherapy
- SO MANY MORE!
Turmeric is a little health bomb that everyone could use- why not make a delicious Golden Milk Latte your form of consumption? It is currently my favorite part of my morning routine- beautiful, delicious, and packed with benefit. I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Meatless Munchy Monday!