Ahhh. Avocados. Who doesn’t love them? I could eat them on toast, by themselves, with chips… just about any way possible. And with this recipe, I can add pasta to my list of avocado additions. This recipe is the creamiest avocado pasta sauce I have ever made. It is a great vegan alternative to alfredo sauce- plus, it’s absolutely delicious.
This recipe is perfect for when you have a too ripe avocado and you don’t know what to do with it. Whip this sauce up and have dinner made in 15 minutes. Woo!
Here is my vegan, creamy garlic avocado pasta sauce recipe:
Serves: 2-4 people
1 ripe avocado, halved or cubed
1/4 cup of milk of your choice, I use almond
1-2 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1tsp of chia seeds
1/4 cup cilantro or basil (optional)
- Halve the avocados, mince the garlic, and add all ingredients to a blender, food processor, or I use my Magic Bullet (it’s a life saver and I use it for everything)
- Blend until creamy- about 45 seconds to a minute. If it is too thick for your liking, add a little more milk.
- Top on pasta or spaghetti squash and enjoy!!
This is one of my favorite 5-minute recipes ever. It is delicious, healthy, and vegan. You can have it in your fridge for about 3 days before it gets pretty brown. If you want it to last longer, add a little lime juice. This will change the flavor a bit but it’s still delicious!
Check out these delicious Meatless Munchy Monday recipes:
- Recipe: Turmeric Golden Milk Latte
- Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Recipe: Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts