This is your perfect, vegan, delicious contribution to the Thanksgiving table or to your home table on any night of the week. I mean, why not? It’s sweet, healthy, with a slight crunch on the top. I’m hungry just writing about it.
Here is my sweet delicious potato casserole recipe:
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 3 pounds of sweet potatoes (4-5 medium sized sweet potatoes)
- 2.5 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour- (I use almond flour too for a gluten free option)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take an 8 x 8 inch pan or a 2 quart oven safe baking dish, coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash your potatoes, poke 6-10 times with a fork, and put in microwave for 3 minutes per potato.
- Let potatoes cool for 5 minutes. Cut in half and empty the meat into a mixing bowl, discard the skins. (Compost!!)
- Add in maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth.
- Grab a second mixing bowl, Add oats, flour, brown sugar, pecans, and coconut. Use a fork to stir in melted oil into the mixture.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of potatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot.
This side dish takes about 20-25 minutes to prepare and about 25 minutes to cook. It’s easy, delicious, and vegan! Make your vegan contribution to any table- Thanksgiving or on a regular day. I hope you all enjoy this dish. It is one of my favorite fall recipes.
Check out these delicious Meatless Munchy Monday recipes:
- Recipe: Turmeric Golden Milk Latte
- Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Recipe: Vegan Parmesan Cheese – Quick, Easy and Healthy