Coming from someone who needs a little something sweet after every meal, these are a lifesaver! These protein balls are something that we always have in the fridge at my house and they’re just the right amount of sweet.
Healthy. Easy. On the go. Gluten Free. Scrumptious!
1 ball- 10g protein, 6g fat, 25g carbs
Makes 25 balls
- 1 cup natural peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cups oatmeal- quick oats, steel cut, or slow cook
- 2-3 scoops of Chocolate or Vanilla Whey Protein
- ⅓ cup of water
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup 65% cacao chips (optional)
- ¼ cup of coconut flakes (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, it should be very thick and well combined. Sometimes your hands get the best mixing job done.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place in an airtight container
- You’re done! Store in fridge or freezer depending on the texture you want. Will last longer than it will take for you to eat them.
You can feel free to make these with a variety of additions- try dried fruits, chia seeds, etc. You can customize them to your cravings perfectly.
These protein balls are a great, healthy dessert option instead of heading for the box of Oreos (which still happens occasionally). They are dense, sweet and hold me over for a while. Let me know if you try them out or make a variation of them, I’d love some new ideas!
Check out these delicious Meatless Munchy Monday recipes:
- Recipe: Creamy Garlic Avocado Pasta Sauce
- Recipe: Turmeric Golden Milk Latte
- Recipe: Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts