Brussels sprouts have a bad reputation but honestly, they are one of my favorite vegetables. You just have to know the right way to cook and pair them. The leafy part gets nice and crispy and mmmm! They’re delicious.
Here is one of my favorite recipes pairing Brussels sprouts with sweet potatoes.
This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, and delicious!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
This recipe will make a cookie sheet full. Depending on if you are using this as your main dish or a side dish depends on how many it will feed.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil (or alternative cooking oil)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or smashed
- Add garlic salt, pepper, basil, thyme, and/or rosemary to taste
- 1 Tbsp of red wine vinegar (optional)
1: Dice the sweet potato into 1 inch pieces, add to large mixing bowl.
2: Peel off any yellow or brown leaves on the Brussels sprouts and trim the stems to be flush with the leafy part of the sprout. Add the mixing bowl.
3: Add melted coconut oil to the mixing bowl. Coat all veggies evenly.
4: Add minced or smashed garlic- stir. Season to taste with garlic salt, pepper, basil, thyme, and/or rosemary.
5: Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes on a greased cookie sheet or until a fork goes through the potatoes easily. Broil for 3 minutes or until crispy.
6: Put vegetables in a serving bowl, add optional red wine vinegar if desired and stir. This will add a little more flavor but it is not imperative.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Recipe Time: 35 Minutes
Check out these delicious Meatless Munchy Monday recipes:
- Recipe: How to Make Homemade No Bake Granola Bars + My Favorite Recipe
- Recipe: Turmeric Golden Milk Latte
- Recipe: Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Streusel