Pancakes are a universal sign for “I love you” on a Saturday morning. This Gluten Free, Pumpkin Pancakes recipe is delicious, filled with protein, and surprisingly healthy for you. It is a sure way to get everyone up in the morning.
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Makes about 10 pancakes
4 whole eggs
4 egg whites
½ cup of almond flour (Easy way to make at home, click here)
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup almond milk (Easy way to make at home, click here)
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup pecans or cacao chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Heat a griddle or skillet and spray with nonstick spray or coat with coconut oil.
- Pour on some pancake batter and flip away! This batter will be thicker than traditional pancakes and will not bubble. It takes about 2-3 minutes on the first side and a minute on the second.
- I set out almond butter, honey, and maple syrup to drizzle on top along with cinnamon. Enjoy!
Enjoy your morning with this delicious pancake recipe! They are packed with protein and are gluten free! Feel free to substitute milks and flours as you wish! I have used coconut milk, cow milk, and whole wheat flour as well.
Check out these other popular Meatless Munchy Monday recipes:
- Recipe: Creamy Garlic Avocado Pasta Sauce
- Recipe: Turmeric Golden Milk Latte
- Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls