Gift ideas for the sustainable, zero waste junkie in your life or someone you are trying to help get started!
This is not a sponsored post, these are products that I, or someone I know, truly stand by and love! However, there are affiliate links within this post that I could receive a small commission on if you purchase through these links. We would appreciate it if you purchased through these links for it is how we keep our content free for all readers. Thank you.
“Free Bread Platter” starts small (and cheap), “Appetizers” are something smaller yet substantial, and the “Entre” is a bigger gift! Can’t forget “Dessert”! It is a treat, and the most expensive item on the list.
Free Bread Platter:
- A simple switch from plastic! These are awesome toothbrushes and people are loving the all natural look of the bamboo! You can even get different color bristles!
- Another simple switch from using plastic! A fun gift to get someone started! I like bamboo straws better because they are easier on the teeth!
- Another gift to get someone started! People can throw them in their purse, stash in the glove compartment or use around the house! A fun little set of fork, spoon, knife and maybe even chopsticks! I buy the Kids Bamboo Utensils to save room and weight in my purse!
- These are a perfect gift to get people going with making less waste and are such practical items to have around! These eliminate the need for plastic grocery and produce bags! You also save money when you bring your own bags at some places! For tote bags, they have String Tote Bags and Canvas Tote Bags, I prefer canvas but many people like the string ones!
- Wool Dryer Balls replace dryer sheets! They are an all natural, static reducing, softener for in your dryer. Add a few drops of an essential oil to two balls to make your laundry smell lovely! A gift to save the recipient money in the long run too! I’ve had mine for years.
- If you don’t want to make them, you can also buy them! They are all natural switches to saran wrap. They are easy, pretty, and save you money! A fun gift that not many people have heard about! Here is a pack of 7 and here is a pack of 3.
Yummy Bulk Snacks
- Bring some empty Mason Jars to your local bulk store and fill them up. People love a variety of little snacks to have around! This can be a super thoughtful and personalized gift! Almost any grocery store has some type of bulk section, check it out!
- This is definitely a new trend! Essential Oils and Aromatherapy are becoming so popular and it really does work! My parents were having troubles sleeping, I bought them some Lavender Oil and a Diffuser and they are loving it and getting more sleep! It truly has an impact and is so fun to play around with blends! This is something everyone can have fun and benefit from. Here is a perfect oil starter kit!
- There are endless amounts of reusable water bottles on the market but my favorite is the Hydroflask. It keeps my ice water cold and my tea hot all day long! They may be a little expensive but they are a guaranteed love!
- For canning, bulk buying, drinking out of, decoration, and so much more. The options are endless with a solid set of adorable mason jars.
Zero Waste Starter Kit
- You can put a basket together with a mixture of the above ideas to create the ultimate, Zero Waste Starter Kit! Throw in reusable straws, utensils, and bags with some essential oils and mason jars and they will be set!
Another option would be some DIY cosmetics such as dry shampoo, lip balm, or body lotion! You can find lots of these ideas over on Going Zero Waste. Check her out to get some DIY ideas!
These are just some ideas for what you can buy this holiday or birthday season! None of these are sponsored items, they are true favorites in my collection or in the collection of people I trust. However, this post does include affiliate links that I could make a commission off of, this is how we keep all of the information free to our readers. We would greatly appreciate it if you purchased through these link! Thank you!
As always, if you have any questions about products or have suggestions, feel free to comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great day and happy gift giving!
Own Less. Live More. Love Lots. Explore.